Thursday, June 2, 2011

Humility

Humility is a hard deal, if you know what I mean.  Recently, I broke my wrist and it has been tough because I can't do as much as I used to be able to do, so I've had to ask for help a lot more often.  I realize now that it's been a blessing in disguise and that God is using my broken wrist to teach me how to be humble.  To simply ask for help when I need it... but that's been more of a challenge than I thought... humble smile...

Practically all the time I'm independent -- which isn't a bad thing -- but ever since I broke my wrist I've noticed that I was being proud not independent.  Humility's definition is being modest, not proud.  This is a struggle for me, but a good struggle; and I'm slowly but surely getting it down. Besides, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Even ask for help.         

1 comment:

  1. How wise you are to see the connection, to grasp the lesson. How loved you are by your God. :-)

    ReplyDelete