Monday, February 7, 2011

Following God isn't always easy, TRUST ME!

Lately I've been tested a lot with my three siblings. 

I have been trying to be the Third option man I plan on being.  But its so hard to not give in, be complacent and let my own selfish wants take over. While I want to start a rebelution within my sphere of influence...  Well, it's hard not to punch my brother in the arm after he throws my new football in the mud on purpose.  Or not to call my sister a name when she deserves it.  But  being a third option man is about always giving honor and grace to my siblings...

So let me ask you this, did Jesus curse or send people straight to hell when they put Him on the cross? NO! Because Jesus is a third option man!  Choosing the third option means having grace on my sibling or whoever it might be only because it takes some really low expectations  to retaliate against the person that just wronged you!  I mean why wouldn't you get vengeance?  Right?  But the truth is that real men don't get EVEN. Because they know that getting even is gonna end up making things worse than they were before.  Let me tell you this REAL MEN ARE PEACE MAKERS.

The men in this world who are making impacts in this world are the ones who end up in jail because they were sharing the gospel, or are in India working at a homeless shelter serving people food, or are in Africa at an orphanage loving on babies... and forgiving siblings when they offend!  Guys, God wants us to impact the world for Him!  One of my goals right now is to raise enough money so I can sponsor a child for a Whole year!  God wants to make an everlasting impact on the world and the best place to start is with your family and friends.  I want change the world but I'm not gonna get anywhere but my front door if I'm not looking for ways to serve my family with little things.  A Third option man means loving God from where I am.

Excuse me while I go throw the football with my brother.  As I walk by my sister, I'll be sure to honor her with my words.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am proud of you. I know how hard it is to do what you're doing. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete