Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Experiencing God

Most boys, like me, at one time in their life envision experiencing God as some mystic power that will empower them to fly or do some super hero type things.  At least that's how I thought I would experience God.  But I couldn't have been further off from the truth.  God knew that I would never be able to fly or lift giant boulders.  But instead He's been letting me see the world with my favorite five people in the world.  

God always meets each and every one of us at our place.  And I definitely felt " MET " on a walk I took with my mom.  As we set out I told my mom that I was hoping to see some wildlife.  On that foggy early morning when me and my mom were walking along a road  we came to a big hill and my mom said, "You never know what's at the top of the hill."  And she was right, because at the top of that hill were two deer.  I knew that I had experienced God just then.

Experiencing God isn't a one time deal.  God doesn't say, "Oh you enjoyed that?  Well good -- because you're never going to get anything like that again.  So too bad."  No way!  God will always meet us wherever we might be to bring us back to Him.  He will never, ever, ever, give up on me or you and if someone just needs to be encouraged and your best friend calls to encourage you when you're feeling defeated, it's not a coincidence -- it's God.  A bit ago I was feeling quite discouraged but didn't tell anyone, and my mom was so encouraging to me because she totally reaffirmed me and that was God speaking through my mom.

God's love is so immense for every human being.  God wants a REAL relationship with me and you!  Now the title, Experiencing God, won't always mean "a walk in the park."  Experiencing God might mean witnessing a miracle in a tragedy. Or being a missionary who heals the sick and helps the poor.  Experiencing God means He'll do whatever it takes to pursue your heart.  It's just like when a father wants his son to come back, he'll do whatever he can to get his beloved son back to him.  God is that loving Father who will love his son no matter what he does, even if his son seeks comfort in temporary solutions.  God is delighted when his children come back to Him and instead of rejecting us He embraces us. 

Thank you, Lord, for pursuing me and loving me unconditionally. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a well written encouragement to all of us to experience God wherever we are!

    ReplyDelete